Fish Wisdom

Fish Wisdom: If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
Doug Larson

Monday, November 7, 2011

Eight is Enough

Kevin here.  I went back to one of my favorite ponds this weekend for some more bluegill action.  I ended up catching forty-eight nice bluegills.  While I was fishing, a blue heron got very interested in the fish I was catching.  He stood about 30' from me for the next 2-3 hours. Whenever I caught a smaller gill (5" or so), I tossed it to him. He ended up eating EIGHT bluegill. I figured one or two would have filled him up, but boy was I wrong. After the last one, he just turned around and walked down the bank.  That was one well-fed heron!  Here are some pics:


A beautiful fall day ...

My seatbox, bait tray, and rod are ready for action!

 
Maggots:  the bait of kings (and CPAs.)


Nice one!

The blue heron watches me reel in fish with great interest.



No comments:

Post a Comment