Fish Wisdom

Fish Wisdom: If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.
Doug Larson

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Grass carp!

I got this 22.5 pound grass carp on the long pole recently.  It's my biggest fish ever on the pole!  I was fishing at the KY Fish and Wildlife Headquarters in Frankfort, KY.  It took me about twenty minutes to land him, and I had a good crowd of people watching.  Fishing with a 40' pole gets a lot of attention.  Playing a big fish on one gets you even more!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Grass Carp , what bait did you used to catch him ?I also have a blog about this fish :p
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I caught him on a small piece of hot dog while fishing for catfish. I'll check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete